Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Alice in Wonderland

-conceptual art for Disney's fine art program,

When I decided to take on this film I really had to dig deep into what made me enjoy it. It took me back to my childhood when my imagination ran my life. I remember believing in fictional worlds as much as I did reality, sometimes keeping me in trouble as I would daydream instead of working.

Aesthetically, I wanted this art to be different than anything I had done in the past. The idea came to me when I saw a sketch on the cover of a drawing pad, I noticed that the off white paper held more innocence with colored pencil than the tonal paper I normally work on due to the bright palette and distinct texture.

The art is completed with Derwent Studio colored pencils on off white drawing paper. Dimensions measure 18"x24".

I don't know the future of this piece, I've been given permission to post it, if it were to become licensed it would have to go through another avenue than the license I was currently pursuing due to live action and likeness approvals.

Best-
Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment